Play by post creation forum

[dice] work in this forum
TheWinterSkye
Admin
Admin
Posts in topic: 3

8 months ago

Please post ideas for rules, settings, concepts etc...  below so we can flesh it out. 
0 x
TheWinterSkye
Admin
Admin

8 months ago

*Okay so here is the overview of Tarjin: https://tomesoftarjin.jcink.net/index.php

*This is the Rules Set up (obviously ours could be a little less structured since we're not PG13 mandatory: https://tomesoftarjin.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=18

* https://tomesoftarjin.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=219 This is the forum where two of my players are running a thread by themselves.

* https://tomesoftarjin.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=138 This is the tale spinner thread where someone is leading the rp and others are following much like a GM would
1 x
Khontis
Officer
Officer
Posts in topic: 4
Mood:

8 months ago

Okay, so for the topic of "Ideas" I think we need to discuss: Is there going to be one major game and we just flop them out here and there afterward or do we want to have several games simultaneously going at the same time. I CAN do the simultaneous games to a point I just need to know what I'm doing. 

As for game types I have a few I can run:

* Dungeons and Dragons (I will admit to owning the books to Pathfinder so I can try running something there if there's a preference)

* Dark Heresy (A Warhammer 40K style RP based on the inquisition)

* Deathwatch (A warhammer40K style RP based on being Space Marines

* Heroes Unlimited (I mentioned this because of the superhero thing. I don't know much about Mutant's and Masterminds but this is another set up with the concept where you play Super Heroes

any other ideas I'm more than happy to look up.
1 x
Meatbean
Super Mega Fantastic Recruiter of Interest
Super Mega Fantastic Recruiter of Interest
Posts in topic: 1

8 months ago

Mmmmm flesh, tastes like meat!

0 x
Khontis
Officer
Officer
Mood:

8 months ago

So on the list of things to figure out I have the following:
  • What are we RPing?
  • Are we doing multiple games at once?
  • Do we need to compile a set of rules for the forum for rping?
  • Should we have an out of character sub forum thing so people can discuss OOC stuff?
0 x
Okashii
Webmaster
Webmaster
Mood:

8 months ago

Hmmm, should I tell @Khontis about the new features?

Even yes, odd no

Okashii rolled 1d20:
0 x
All that you touch, you Change. All that you Change, Changes you. The only lasting truth is Change. God is Change. -Octavia Butler

Feedback/Suggestions The Team Contact/Report
Okashii
Webmaster
Webmaster
Mood:

8 months ago

OK, it was even so...

Khontis, you can now have multiple accounts and link them, and switch between them in the menu at the top right of the page.

Oh, and you probably guessed already about the other thing. 8-)
0 x
All that you touch, you Change. All that you Change, Changes you. The only lasting truth is Change. God is Change. -Octavia Butler

TheWinterSkye
Admin
Admin

8 months ago

@Khontis I was just wondering do you find that using the actual game rules work better for play by post? Or should we just let the RP happen and if there is a dispute have a judge ruling? 

- I would still like to see if I DC Canon RP could get off the ground.
- I would also like a modern kind of RP but there are a lot of details to flesh out there.

We should also put it to the community as to what kind of RP they would like. 

-We def need an OOC section.
-We need a place for character sheets
-We need a place for back stories 
0 x
Khontis
Officer
Officer
Mood:

8 months ago

The actual game rules could work quite well for the game. It might be a good idea to list them for people who want to play but are unfamiliar with the particular setting. Making a Pin in an OOC thread would be enough in my opinion to cover that.

Not sure what you mean by the "DC Canon Rp" (The one you were trying to do on discord?) but I can do something like that in Heroes Unlimited (or I can try and hunt down this mutants and masterminds stuff. Either or.)
          - I want to poke a minor thought to that topic: Requiring people to play already established characters might be a bad idea. It's not that the idea as a whole is terrible but as someone who has rped for a while in various forms ripping off or playing an already made character can get really boring and stifling. It's why I was supportive of the game on discord but never wanted to play.

Also. What did you mean by a "Modern" RP? Just so I know what you're looking for.

Yea. I'll start asking around to get points up. I wonder if it's possible to make a poll and poke people toward the thread here for them to vote on.

All three places for that would be welcome. We'll need to get our Awesome @Okashii and ask them to pretty please do that for us :heartbeat:

0 x
Okashii
Webmaster
Webmaster
Mood:

8 months ago

0 x