Character Back Stories

TheWinterSkye
Admin
Admin
Discord name: ωιитєя

Post 3 months ago

Please post your character backstories below. 
0 x
Silverlion
Discord name: Silverlion
Gaming system: PC

Post 3 months ago

Khashayar, Dragonborn Warlock
I was a young entertainer and part of a wandering troupe I joined, with my parents blessing. I however fell afoul of the Shah's son, with my quick tongue getting the best of him one evening. I passed on it as a minor thing, for even the Shah himself laughed. However, now he has replaced his father, and remembers my pointed tongue, and wishes to own my head. To guard my family, and protect my troupe I left my homelands, and sought new stories elsewhere far from the sands.  

I've decided to seek out the most interesting group I could find who are building new stories together.   

I gravely miss my family, including:  Ashti, Is my honored mother she uses her own warlock abilities to aid others as a weather witch. We are very close She is alive and well, and demands I write.

Mehran, Is my honored father and bit of a wanderers he helps to guard the borderlands as a noble ranger serving the local Shah. We have friendly but not close relationship. He is alive and quite successful.

Banu, "Little Spring" is my younger sister, though I call her at times "drippy," we get along well, though there are seven years between us. She and I remain close, and I return as I can to see her.
1 x
Fish
Discord name: Fish
Gaming system: PC

Post 3 months ago

This is somewhat tentative, and the relationship between him and his now-ghost wife is a little more complicated than I decribed it, but it has the general gist. It's also just a summary for the purposes of character creation.

Paris Meatworker is the latest in a long line of butchers from a city that people of the Earth realm would call Celtic, happy in his unassuming life with his wife. That is, until the day that his city was conquered by foreign invaders who suppressed his native people, taxing them heavily, suppressing their culture and quelling their religion of blood worship of which Paris, being the city's most prominent butcher, was a vital and notable figure in.

Yet Paris maintained his stoicism and strove to continue the life he lead pre-invasion under the oppressive regime for the sake of his wife and future, but the new city leaders targeted him in an effort to coopt and replace the blood religion with their own. Staying strong and resiting, he carried on through imposing of heavy taxes on meatcutting specifically designed to break him, constant harassment by city officials and authorities and other oppressive measures.

Over time, the new city leaders grew more and more agitated, and slowly realized he was too strong, too resilient and too well-respected and supported by the people for their efforts to succeed. They had to change tactics. They knew that before they could eliminate his power in the city, they had to first remove the people's love and respect for him. Over time, they whittled and chipped away at his reputation with the people, until bit by bit, he lost the adoration the public once had for him.

Yet he was still too strong, too resilient, too canny to eliminate. Once again, the city council realized they had to change their methods, but this time, they had no idea what to. So they employed their army of spies to watch him, to figure out his Achille's heel so they could finally overcome him and remove the threat to their domination of the city.

Their spy network did not fail them, as it was quickly revealed that his primary motivation was his wife and the bright future he saw with her. They realized that all along, they had been focusing on the wrong target. To destroy him, they had to destroy the thing he loved most in the world, the thing that kept him going, the thing that he was doing all this for. His wife.

One day, while Paris was away, he was captured by the city guard, and held, sack over his head, until the time was right. When the sack was removed, the horrible sight that greeted his eyes was his wife, hung, drawn and quartered with chains by the Great Tree of Enhancement who's wood was sacred to both the city and Paris, as it was the source of the wood that gave the meat he provided it's fine flavor.

Held and incapacitated by the guards surrounding him, Paris was forced to watch as his beloved wife's life slowly drained out of her, until she was a straw short of death. Then, to complete his breaking, mocking the religion he held so dear, they sliced her wrists and unceremoniously dumped her in a nearby lake, to let her bleed out and fill the water with the swirling scarlet blood that Paris held so dear, until she bled out and joined the darkness.

That broke Paris. The bright future he had envisioned had vanished. His religion had gone underground, except for a few remaining disciples. He was a pariah in the city and among the people he loved. He was miserable in the city and had no choice but to leave.

But, as broke as he was, the fires that drove him were not completely quenched. Though he left the city, the embers of his love for it and it's people still smouldered. So, in his self-exile, he planned vengeance and rebellion on those who had wronged him and his city. Donning a mask, he became a highwayman, thwarting the government's plans any way he could, fostering public opinion against them, and raising the city's populace against them, newly christening himself the Ace of Blades, with the blood-drenched chains that had killed his wife wrapped around his chest and fists, and a cleaver in his hand, he still strove for justice.

Then came the day that appeared to bring his doom. The guards of the city's administrators nearly had cornered him, until he found himself, for the first time since her death, at the Tree of Taste. Shockingly, and joyfully to him, just as the troops were about to close in on him, the apparition of his wife appeared, terrifying the troops and driving them off.

But the reuniting was bittersweet, for it soon became clear that his wife had not fully come back to him. A ghost, who had not yet gained understanding of what she was and what happened to her, and is occasionally, drawn back to the Ethereal plane, randomly and without warning. The guilt he felt at causing her death drove him to both fear and strive to make her understand, and once again, they were together.

Their adventure soon took a turn, however, as Paris found himself in a perilous situation once again with the bands of soldiers sent to capture him, only this time, the ghost of his wife could not save him. In the most inopportune moment, the luck of his people failed him, and she was summoned back to the Ethereal plane. It was only after Paris was captured, enslaved, and on the way to being shipped to a foreign land that she rejoined him.
1 x
DCUO:

Villains:
Fish Fiend(Endgame Water Dps/Healer)
Fishy Freebooter(Endgame Quantum DPS/Troll)
Nuclear Fishion(Endgame Atomic DPS/Tank)
Harley Finn(Aquatic Harley Quinn/Deadpool & Harley Quinn mashup character concepts)
Doll Finn(Aquatic Two-face Henchwoman character concept)

Heroes:
TheShark Knight(Endgame Gadgets DPS)
Dolphin Damsel(Rarely played water toon)
Frost Ferret(Rarely played ice toon)
Ms Medic(Rarely played celestial toon)
Balton Hellhound(Rarely played fire toon)
Balton Software(REALLY rarely played electric toon)
Balton Hardware(REALLY rarely played gadgets toon)
Avenging ArchDruid(REALLY rarely played nature toon)
Major Midnight(REALLY rarely played munitions toon)
TheWinterSkye
Admin
Admin
Discord name: ωιитєя

Post 3 months ago

Pertelope was born into a tribe of traveling people, whose way of life was what you would expect from such a group. They focused on entertainment in a few different fashions; the women would usually do the dancing, crafts and fortune telling, while the men were more focused on weapon play and musical instruments, to name a few of their many talents. Fun was their trade and the occasional hand in someone's pocket was their survival.

As Pertelope grew up in her kin's roaming camp, she learned all the usual trades but was considered a bit strange and started to build a reputation as a complete trouble maker. It was long assumed that she may have influence over the mind in some way, by the camp elders whose years of experience and wisdom had encountered phenomenon like that before. She loved to scare people by making them see things. Story time around the campfire was one of her favorite times, many a night was spent impishly and unexpectedly springing visualizations straight out of the scary stories told, upon the unsuspecting listeners.

Behind closed doors or sealed tents, the elders of this group practiced a form of blood rituals, that were first discovered generations ago. These teachings seem to come from the tribe's mysterious black book that is always hidden from outsiders. This practice did start to extend outside of the tribe into a select few commoners who developed a bond with the community and eventually came to be trusted as almost one of their own.

The Celt and the Gypsy's story starts here. Paris, as a boy verging on manhood, first began coming around the group when Pertelope was still just a child, as a result of the trust his family had built among the elders. The Meatworker family were allowed more access to the people of the tribe and the property and other things the people claimed as their own and, though they were considered outsiders still, were given more permissions than anyone else not of the blood.

Paris became the butt of her practical jokes early on, with her taking particular delight in pushing him until he got angry with her. All the tribe's children loved to play, while the adults conducted more serious business, but Paris and Pertelope spent more time with each other than the other kids. They bonded by the hearts to each other as children and it never broke.

As the years passed, Pertelope's reputation as an instigator who wasn't serious enough about anything grew to the point where the elders decided she would not be allowed to practice the blood rituals. She remained unconcerned about their decision, however, as dancing and singing was what she loved to do the most.The slithery way her body could move to the music, almost as if she knew what the next beat was, could be, and often was, considered intoxicating by some. There were no shortage of men who liked to come see the dancing girls, especially her. She always left them blue and frustrated because her heart was always attached to her life partner. The best days for her were the days when he would visit with his family.

As Paris grew from a boy into a strong young man, with the natural impulses that came with that natural change, he started to see her in a new light. She would tease him with her body movements until the day he finally broke and took her to bed with him in the woods near the camp. That day they became more than friends; they were to be married.
1 x